Planning or attending a bachelorette party is always exciting, and one tradition we can’t help but love is lingerie gifting. Not only is it a fun way to treat the bride to something a little extra, but it can be a playful way to encourage bonding and intimacy within the group … and usually a few laughs along the way too.
We’ve compiled everything you need to bring this fun tradition to life, from what to get to fun games you can incorporate into your lingerie gifting party and more. Let’s get into it!
Sensational Bachelorette Lingerie Gifts
- The classic lace bodysuit is both alluring and sophisticated, making it a suitable option whether the bride is daring or demure. Buy it in a neutral shade to make it even more versatile, unless you know the bride’s fave color
- A silk kimono robe is both elegant and comfortable. Consider personalizing it with her initials or with her new last name so she can wear it while getting ready on her big day.
- A bra and panty set with a touch of bridal elegance makes for a perfect wedding-night outfit. Look for something with pretty rhinestones or include a veil to give it that special bridal feel. If you don’t know her size, get the bride a gift card so she can pick out her perfect piece.
- Themed lingerie can be a fun way to tie in the bride’s honeymoon theme—think tropical prints for a beach getaway or luxe velvets for a cold-weather destination. Package it in a travel-friendly pouch for an extra touch.
- Lingerie accessories can complement the lingerie she already owns, or you can go together and make it a group gift. Accessories can include everything from garters and stockings to body chains. Go for neutrals or classic bridal colors to ensure everything will coordinate.
- Upgraded basics are a fab way to treat the bride to something she might not splurge on for herself. Opt for a high-quality T-shirt bra and seamless panty set—something comfortable and flattering—or a luxurious athleisure duo she’ll love to lounge in. Neutral colors like a nude, black, or white will ensure it’s something she can wear (and love) over and over again.
Need-to-Knows When Gifting Lingerie
- Know the bride’s size so you can avoid that awkward moment where you give something that’s way too big or way too small. If you can do so discreetly, check the tags of lingerie she already owns. Otherwise, look for pieces that have adjustable straps, or opt for something more universal in size, like a robe or a nightgown.
- Keep the bride’s style in mind while you’re shopping. Does she love to make a bold statement? A bright red lacy g-string ensemble might be for her. Is she more modest or quirky? Something with more coverage or a fun print might be the way to go.
- Comfort comes first—because if she doesn’t like how she feels in it, she won’t want to wear it! Things like breathable fabrics, soft laces, and adjustable straps will make sure her sexy gear can still feel like a second skin.
- Think about versatility. A daring piece might be fun in the moment, and there’s nothing wrong with that! But something more practical, like a bralette and panty set that can be worn under clothing, will probably get more use in the long run. (And they can make for some pretty sexy surprises, too.)
- Keep it private if that’s what the bride wants. Lingerie fashion shows are fun for some brides, but for those more modest, keeping the gifts private might be more appropriate.
- Include gift receipts. Enough said.
- Try to match the wedding dress if you can! If you know the style of her dress, you might want to pick out a beautiful piece to go underneath it, whether that’s a backless corset or a sexy strapless bra.
- Wrap it up with a pretty bow. Maybe this doesn’t really need saying, but a beautiful box, tissue paper, ribbons, and a personalized note will make this intimate gift even more special.
Lingerie-Themed Bachelorette Activities & Games
- Make it a lingerie fashion show. If the bride is comfortable with it, have her model each of her gifts. Make it extra fun with an impromptu runway, music, and fun lighting.
- Host a lingerie party. Organizers will bring the lingerie shopping to the group, with a collection ready for them to browse and purchase right on the spot. They will also set the vibe for any lingerie gift exchanges happening within the group, and they guarantee affordable yet quality lingerie that everyone will love! But that's not all — the party will include complimentary cocktails, small bites, party games, and a sex toy demo to keep things spicy.
- Match the lingerie to the guest. Don’t put your names on your individual gifts and let the bride guess who brought which piece. You might be surprised at each other’s picks!
- Play charades … lingerie style. Classic charades gets a creative twist when you make it lingerie-themed! These playful prompts are guaranteed to have your guests giggling.
- Have a lingerie photoshoot. Treat your fav girls to a boudoir session that will make them feel confident and sexy
- DIY design contest. Use everyday craft supplies to “design” a unique piece of lingerie and let the bride choose the winner. And don’t forget to take tons of pics!
- Make it trivial. Prepare a list of questions about the history of lingerie, famous lingerie scenes in movies, or well-known lingerie brands. Make sure you have a fun prize for the winner!
The tradition of celebrating a bachelorette party with lingerie not only brings friends closer, but it also highlights the joyous occasion at hand. And always remember that, in the end, the most precious gift you can give is your love, laughter, and genuine celebration of this special moment in the bride's life. So, go ahead, plan that bachelorette party filled with intimate surprises and joyful memories, and let the bride know how much you cherish her as she takes this exciting step into married life. Cheers to the bride, to friendship, and to the beautiful journey ahead!